Actress and Comedian Caroline Rhea to Host K.I.D.S. 26th Annual Gala
New York, NY – Nov. 21, 2011 - Kids in Distressed Situations (K.I.D.S.), the internationally renowned children’s charity, today announced that actress and comedian Caroline Rhea will serve as mistress of ceremonies at its 26th Annual Gala at 583 Park Avenue on Dec. 8. The event, which is expected to attract 700+ executives from the retail, fashion, and children’s industries, will honor jcpenney, Levi’s® Brand and Delta Children’s Products for their leadership in corporate giving and outstanding philanthropic efforts in helping children and families in need.
Joining the ranks of such prominent former emcees as Gayle King and Sherri Shepherd, the event will be hosted by Caroline Rhea, best known for her role as Hilda Spellman on Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, and for replacing Rosie O’Donnell as the hostess of her syndicated talk show, renamed The Caroline Rhea Show. Ms. Rhea currently provides the voice for Linda Flynn, mother of Phineas and Candace Flynn on the popular Disney Channel series, Phineas and Ferb.
“We are proud to recognize this year’s honorees for their remarkable commitment to philanthropic service and their dedication to corporate giving, particularly in a year that has been marred by devastating natural disasters, and with poverty rates at an all time high,” said Kevin Burke, Chairman of K.I.D.S. and President & CEO of American Apparel & Footwear Association. “As a result of their unwavering support, we are able to continuously enhance the quality of life of those that need it most.”
K.I.D.S. will honor three exemplary organizations for their outstanding philanthropic efforts; jcpenney, Levi’s® Brand, and Delta Children’s Products.
• jcpenney will be recognized for its leading support of the afterschool cause through its signature charity, jcpenney afterschool. The company shares K.I.D.S. commitment to providing more opportunities for disadvantaged youth to spread their wings in life-enriching afterschool programs that helps them realize their full potential in life.
• Levi’s® Brand will be awarded for its longtime commitment to social change and improving the lives of those in need, including leadership in fighting the spread of HIV/AIDS, promoting equality and empowering pioneers to create change in their communities.
• Delta Children’s Products will be honored for its commitment to helping children and families in need, including its extensive support of the Safe Sleep Campaign, where the Company has donated thousands of cribs to the national First Candle/K.I.D.S. program, in an effort to prevent Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (S.I.D.S.).
President Obama was the keynote speaker at the K.I.D.S. gala in 2006 and said, “We can’t end childhood poverty through government alone, and we shouldn’t expect to. It will take the work of organizations like K.I.D.S., the generosity of corporations, the charity of religious groups and even a renewed sense of responsibility among families…” jcpenney, Levi’s® Brand, and Delta Children’s Products have met that call, generously providing new apparel and products to K.I.D.S. that has helped millions of children and families in need.
Table sponsorships are $10,000, $15,000, $25,000, and $50,000. Individual tickets are $1,000. For information about tickets and sponsorships, please contact K.I.D.S. at .
About Kids in Distressed Situations
Since its inception in 1985, K.I.D.S. has provided 67 million underprivileged and disaster-struck children with over one billion dollars of NEW clothing, toys, basic necessities, juvenile products, books and much more. The donations of new products are distributed through an established network of nearly 1,000 local community social service agencies in the U.S. and abroad. K.I.D.S.’ efforts reach youth, age 0-18, and their families who are challenged by poverty, homelessness, domestic abuse, low literacy, military family service, major illness, incarcerated family members and disaster survival. For more information on donating new products and supporting our work, please visit www.KIDSdonations.org.
|Contact:||/ (212) 279-5493|
112 West 34 Street / suite 1133
New York, NY 10120
Latest Buzz on Kids in Distressed Situations, Inc. (K.I.D.S)…
- Judith Raye Paintings Makes Donation to Hurricane Sandy ChildrenNovember 27th, 2012
- K.I.D.S. and the National Diaper Bank Network to Donate 20 Million Huggies Brand Diapers to Families in NeedFebruary 21st, 2012
- Graco®, K.I.D.S. and Caring For Others Partner to Provide Strollers, Booster Seats and Car Seat Safety to 500 Families in NeedFebruary 10th, 2012
- K.I.D.S. Raises Over $1.1 Million At Its 26th Anniversary Charity GalaDecember 13th, 2011
- Cause Marketing –– How Giving Can Give BackDecember 8th, 2011
- K.I.D.S. Ranked in Top 2% of All U.S. Charities By Chronicle Of PhilanthropyOctober 26th, 2011