JPMA and ABC Unify To Form Stronger Industry Organization
MOUNT LAUREL, NJ and SAN ANTONIO, TX March 28, 2012 – The Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA), a non-profit association dedicated to promoting the industry and the safe selection and use of juvenile products, and All Baby and Child, Inc. (ABC), creators of the ABC Kids Expo, announce an industry unification.
In negotiations finalized during the JPMA Annual Legislative Summit in Washington, D.C., JPMA and ABC executed a letter of intent agreeing to actively pursue a merged industry not-for-profit trade association dedicated to promoting the interests of the entire industry. As part of the agreement, a minimum of $2.6 million has been committed over three years to execute specific industry-wide strategic objectives identified by the two organizations’ boards.
In a separate agreement, ABC has agreed to provide $1.2 million of funding to JPMA over the same period to support JPMA initiatives. In return, JPMA will continue to endorse the ABC Kids Expo as the largest trade show of its kind serving the juvenile products industry.
Based on the terms of the agreement, JPMA and ABC will work together to assure the effective and efficient utilization of resources to accomplish a variety of juvenile products industry objectives including:
• To establish the industry trade show as the preeminent worldwide event for the juvenile products industry.
• To increase the scope and effectiveness of safety standards.
• To expand and promote JPMA member benefits and emphasize the value of JPMA membership.
• To develop a vibrant retail trade group to advance the interests, growth and well-being of independent juvenile products retailers.
• To enhance communications among manufacturers, retailers and other stakeholders
JPMA and ABC have agreed to diligently work toward negotiation and execution of a merger agreement expected by June 30, 2013.
“JPMA and ABC have had a collaborative relationship for many years and currently work hand-in-hand on a number of different industry matters,” commented Dave Taylor, newly elected JPMA Chairman. “This merger is a natural evolution of that working relationship and JPMA is thrilled to offer this new opportunity to the juvenile products industry.”
“We’ve reached a great milestone,” said Jeff Seymour, Chairman of ABC, “The continuation of this process will only make the industry better for all.”
The Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA) is a national trade organization of more than 250 companies in the United States, Canada and Mexico. JPMA exists to advance the interests, growth and well-being of North American prenatal to preschool product manufacturers, importers and distributors marketing under their own brands to consumers. It does so through advocacy, public relations, information sharing, product performance certification and business development assistance conducted with appreciation for the needs of parents, children and retailers.
ABOUT ALL BABY & CHILD
All Baby & Child, Inc. (ABC) is a non-profit organization founded in March 2003. It is a partnership of juvenile products manufacturers and industry retailers whose primary objective and purpose is to act as a business league that helps organize and produce trade shows and educational conferences for the benefit of juvenile products manufacturers, industry retailers, trade media, distributors and manufacturers’ representatives of juvenile products.
|Contact:||/ (210) 691-4848|
12302 Hart Ranch
San Antonio, TX 78249
Latest Buzz on All Baby & Child, Inc. (ABC Kids Expo)…
- UviCube Uses UV light to Help Keep Baby Safe from GermsAugust 28th, 2014
- ABC Show Preview: The Laughs and Smiles ReportOctober 9th, 2013
- Is Co-Branding the Right Opportunity Right Now?September 10th, 2013
- ABC Kids Expo Focuses on RootsJuly 23rd, 2013
- ABC SEC: Bigger and Better Than EverJune 18th, 2013
- Gotta Hand it to ABC Spring Educational ConferenceMay 31st, 2013
- ABC and JPMA Will Not Merge But Enter New Era of Collaboration and SupportApril 23rd, 2013
- ABC Partners with CBME ChinaMarch 19th, 2013
- 2013 Kicks Off with Launch of Brixy, New Independent Retailer CommunityJanuary 7th, 2013